Many people assume that eating better—whether to lose weight, alleviate health problems, or simply improve how they feel—means eating low-fat, boring, and tasteless food. Professional chef Nabil Boumrar and Certified Nutrition Consultant Caitlin Weeks blow that myth out of the water with their vibrant and healthy coastal cuisine.
Mediterranean Paleo Cooking showcases a wide variety of creative recipes that are Paleo-friendly—no gluten, grains, inflammatory oils, dairy, or refined sweeteners. These flavorful dishes combine traditional food from southern Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East with the healthful principles of a Paleo diet. With over 150 recipes, two 30-day meal plans (one for general health and one for those following an autoimmune protocol), shopping lists, cooking tips, and more, Mediterranean Paleo Cooking helps readers become better cooks and more informed eaters. But more importantly, it turns healthy eating into delicious eating with enticing Mediterranean meals that every foodie will enjoy.
- Over 150 Paleo-friendly recipes inspired by the relaxed coastal attitude and ingredients of the Mediterranean – all gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, and dairy-free.
- Chef’s tips from Nabil help you learn as you go, with advice on cooking and techniques for Mediterranean ingredients
- Nutritionist’s tips from Caitlin to educate you on the health benefits of Mediterranean foods
- Familiar, comfort-food favorites are modified for a Paleo lifestyle, including pizza, pasta, rice, biscuits, and brownies
- Mediterranean recipe favorites, recreated including: falafel, pita bread, moussaka, hummus, and biscotti cookies.
- Recipe/ingredient notes and swaps for those who have food allergies (including to eggs and nuts) as well as for those following a low FODMAP diet, lower carbohydrate diet, SCD or GAPS diet, or the autoimmune protocol
- Two 30-day meal plans to help you jump-start your Paleo lifestyle: for general health or to follow an autoimmune protocol
- six different menu plans perfect for a weeknight dinner party or special occasion (including one that is 100% AIP compliant or is easily modified to be so with notes on the recipes)
- 18 guilt-free desserts with no refined sugar
- Shopping lists and an optimal food buying guide make it easy to find the right ingredients